Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/15/2011 11:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut<peter_e@gmx.net>  writes:
>> Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
>> Also refactor things a little bit so that the same methods for setting
>> test locale and encoding can be used everywhere.
> The buildfarm shows that this patch fails on Windows --- the
> contrib/unaccent regression test is getting run in SQL_ASCII encoding
> rather than the UTF8 encoding it's supposed to have.  It looks like
> the reason is that fetchRegressOpts in vcregress.pl is only looking
> for REGRESS_OPTS in the Makefile, and what you've done requires it
> to have a great deal more knowledge than that.  I'm not sure what the
> least painful fix is, but maybe we should reconsider the idea of not
> using REGRESS_OPTS there.

Yeah, what is the point of this?:
   -# Adjust REGRESS_OPTS because we need a UTF8 database   -REGRESS_OPTS = --dbname=$(CONTRIB_TESTDB) --multibyte=UTF8
--no-locale  +# We need a UTF8 database +ENCODING = UTF8 +NO_LOCALE = 1

Wouldn't it have worked just to change the way we spelled the option
name in the REGRESS_OPTS line?

cheers

andrew