Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Rename pg_regress option --multibyte to --encoding
> Also refactor things a little bit so that the same methods for setting
> test locale and encoding can be used everywhere.

The buildfarm shows that this patch fails on Windows --- the
contrib/unaccent regression test is getting run in SQL_ASCII encoding
rather than the UTF8 encoding it's supposed to have.  It looks like
the reason is that fetchRegressOpts in vcregress.pl is only looking
for REGRESS_OPTS in the Makefile, and what you've done requires it
to have a great deal more knowledge than that.  I'm not sure what the
least painful fix is, but maybe we should reconsider the idea of not
using REGRESS_OPTS there.