Re: Windows build issues

От Brar Piening
Тема Re: Windows build issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:51:57 -0400, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> that's in the SDK? If not, I still think that should be our primary
>> option - I certainly don't see how it's obsolete. (and you can,
>> afaics, still get the platform sdk with the correct version of the
>> compiler (non-vs2010), but I haven't tested it)
>>
>> Or did I miss something in this thread?
>>
> Have we shown for sure that you can't build it with the compiler
>

> I haven't actually tried using the SDK alone. I'll try testing that on
> a cloud appliance when I get a chance, as I'm out of Windows boxes I
> can reasonable perturb. I do know you *need* the SDK for 64 bit builds
> with VSE 2008, as it doesn't include a 64 bit compiler.

I've just built current git HEAD on a clean Windows XP virtual machine
with only "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP
1" (the latest pre VS 2010 SDK) on it.

It builds without problems (a few warnings) and passes vcregress check.

VS or VS EXPRESS is probably not needed to build Postgres with any
recent Windows SDK  that includes compilers (>= 6.0).

This Wikipedia article might shed some more light on the MS SDK chaos:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_SDK

Regards,

Brar