Re: Re: multiple hot standby streaming replication scenario with "rotating" the primary server

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Re: multiple hot standby streaming replication scenario with "rotating" the primary server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gerhard Hintermayer <gerhard.hintermayer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just checked my indices, looks like the only table in all my 5
> DB's that has a hash index is the one I ran tests on.

Well, actually that's pretty lucky.  If you'd tested with other
indexes, you might have gone live with the broken index.  I would
seriously consider converting the index to btree at this point, to
simplify life, unless you can show a significant performance benefit
with the hash index running your actual application mix.

> But the other thing is the huge amount of transfer volume when
> rsyncing the data dir from the new primary to set up the new
> replication slaves. But this should go away when I stop using
> REINDEX DATABASE, right ?

That should make a big difference, yeah.

-Kevin