Re: Background fsck

От Ireneusz Pluta
Тема Re: Background fsck
Дата
Re: Background fsck
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> If I may ask, how often does it crash? And have you tried updating
> the firmware of the controller and / or the driver in the OS?

It happens once per two or three months, or so, taking the average. The firmware is beta as of
January this year, advised to use by their technical support.

Kinda off topic here, but as asked, take a look at the details:

/c0 Driver Version = 3.60.04.006
/c0 Model = 9650SE-16ML
/c0 Available Memory = 224MB
/c0 Firmware Version = FE9X 4.10.00.016
/c0 Bios Version = BE9X 4.08.00.002
/c0 Boot Loader Version = BL9X 3.08.00.001

There is a newer beta firmware available from LSI support page, but changelog does not indicate
anything which might be related to this problem.
OS is 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD
The driver also should be the newest for this platform.

What's more, this is already a new controller. It replaced the previous one because of exactly the
same persisting problem. I think tech support people not knowing a solution just buy some time for
them and say "flash this beta firmware maybe it helps" or "replace your hardware".

The controller always hangs with the following:

Send AEN (code, time): 0031h, 04/06/2011 21:56:45
Synchronize host/controller time
(EC:0x31, SK=0x00, ASC=0x00, ASCQ=0x00, SEV=04, Type=0x71)

Assert:0 from Command Task
File:cacheSegMgr.cpp Line:290

and this is usually at the time of IO peaks, when dumps get transferred to another system.

My general plan for now is to migrate all services from this machine to the new ones and refresh it
completely for less critical services. But it is not a task for just a few days so the failures have
their chances to happen. While bearing this, I wanted to check if I could ease my life a little with
background checks.