Re: Background fsck

От Jochen Erwied
Тема Re: Background fsck
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Friday, April 8, 2011, 1:52:03 PM you wrote:

> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> If I may ask, how often does it crash? And have you tried updating
>> the firmware of the controller and / or the driver in the OS?
>>
> It happens once per two or three months, or so, taking the average. The firmware is beta as of
> January this year, advised to use by their technical support.

Do you run any software to periodically check the array status?

Or are there any other regular tasks involving 'tw_cli'-calls?

I had this effect while trying to examine the SMART-status of the attached
drives on a 9690-8E, leading to spurious controller resets due to timeouts,
also under high load.

Disabling the task solved the problem, and no further resets occured.

--
Jochen Erwied     |   home: jochen@erwied.eu     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 |   work: joe@mbs-software.de  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50