Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)
Дата
Re: JDBC gripe list (the autocommit subthread)  (Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I issue statement 1, 2 and 3, and statement 2 fails, there is
> no prescribed behavior for statement 3, but one sure thing is the
> statement 1 must be completed.

I don't see how executeBatch can both throw the documented exception
(BatchUpdateException) and return the int[] which would tell you
what completed.  It doesn't seem to me to make sense to complete
some unknown mystery subset of the statements, so the only sane
behavior is to apply none if the documented exception is thrown.

-Kevin