Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time

От Maria L. Wilson
Тема Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I would have thought the same thing too - but, the file system looks
correct.....(below...)

[postgres@catalogdata share]$ cd timezone
/scratch/postgresql-8.4.5/share/timezone
[postgres@catalogdata timezone]$ ls -al
total 268
drwxr-xr-x  19 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 ./
drwxr-xr-x   9 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:20 ../
drwxr-xr-x   2 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 Africa/
drwxr-xr-x   6 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 America/
drwxr-xr-x   2 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 Antarctica/
.
.
.
-rw-------   6 root staff  118 Nov  1 09:08 Universal
drwxr-xr-x   2 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 US/
-rw-------   6 root staff  118 Nov  1 09:08 UTC
-rw-------   1 root staff 1873 Nov  1 09:08 WET
-rw-------   2 root staff 2194 Nov  1 09:08 W-SU
-rw-------   6 root staff  118 Nov  1 09:08 Zulu
[postgres@catalogdata timezone]$ pwd
/scratch/postgresql-8.4.5/share/timezone

/scratch/postgresql-8.4.5/share/timezone
[postgres@catalogdata timezone]$ cd US
/scratch/postgresql-8.4.5/share/timezone/US
[postgres@catalogdata US]$ ls -al
total 60
drwxr-xr-x   2 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 ./
drwxr-xr-x  19 root staff 4096 Nov  1 09:08 ../
-rw-------   2 root staff 2358 Nov  1 09:08 Alaska
-rw-------   3 root staff 2353 Nov  1 09:08 Aleutian
-rw-------   2 root staff  327 Nov  1 09:08 Arizona
-rw-------   2 root staff 3543 Nov  1 09:08 Central
-rw-------   3 root staff 3519 Nov  1 09:08 Eastern
-rw-------   4 root staff 1649 Nov  1 09:08 East-Indiana
-rw-------   2 root staff  312 Nov  1 09:08 Hawaii
-rw-------   3 root staff 2395 Nov  1 09:08 Indiana-Starke
-rw-------   2 root staff 2202 Nov  1 09:08 Michigan
-rw-------   4 root staff 2427 Nov  1 09:08 Mountain
-rw-------   3 root staff 2819 Nov  1 09:08 Pacific
-rw-------   3 root staff 2819 Nov  1 09:08 Pacific-New
-rw-------   3 root staff  290 Nov  1 09:08 Samoa
[postgres@catalogdata US]$

I'm just wondering if something happened in the installation that did
NOT load the data into the timezone view - pg_timezone_names - because
when I query that it comes up empty.

On 3/15/11 3:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Maria L. Wilson"<Maria.L.Wilson-1@nasa.gov>  writes:
>> yes they are all running the same postgres version. - 8.4.5
>> just as a test this morning - on one of the problem machines,  we
>> installed another postgres installation - same version - just pointed it
>> to different paths - copied over the conf files and brought the server
>> up.  This time it was the correct timeszone - US/Eastern.  The other
>> postgres is set to EST5EDT.  When I try to set it to US/Eastern, I get
>> an error...
>> postgres=# set timezone = 'US/Eastern';
>> ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "US/Eastern"
> Huh.  That should most certainly work in a standard Postgres
> installation.  You're apparently missing that timezone file.
> There are two possibilities:
>
> 1. If Postgres was built to use its own timezone database (the default),
> then $INSTALLPREFIX/share/timezone/US/Eastern is missing.  Which means
> you've got an incomplete PG installation.
>
> 2. If Postgres was built with --with-system-tzdata=SOMETHING, then
> SOMETHING/US/Eastern is missing, which means either an incomplete
> system timezone database or whoever did the build used the wrong
> value of SOMETHING for your platform.
>
> I'd imagine that the EST5EDT setting you're seeing is some kind of
> fallback behavior upon not finding the proper timezone file.  It's
> hard to be sure about where that came from without knowing exactly
> what's missing.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Сообщение: Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time