Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time

От Maria L. Wilson
Тема Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yes they are all running the same postgres version. - 8.4.5

just as a test this morning - on one of the problem machines,  we
installed another postgres installation - same version - just pointed it
to different paths - copied over the conf files and brought the server
up.  This time it was the correct timeszone - US/Eastern.  The other
postgres is set to EST5EDT.  When I try to set it to US/Eastern, I get
an error...

postgres=# set timezone = 'US/Eastern';
ERROR:  unrecognized time zone name: "US/Eastern"
postgres=#

On 3/15/11 2:18 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Scott Marlowe<scott.marlowe@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Maria L. Wilson
>> <Maria.L.Wilson-1@nasa.gov>  wrote:
>>> when you say updating postgres - do you mean the server software?  How do
>>> you update the tz data?
>> Yes updating the pg software. The OS has tzdata as well, and you can
>> update that.  But postgresql includes its own tzdata so I'm guessing
>> that updating pg would fix it.
>>
>>> I'm just a little concerned why only 2 of our machines (they are all
>>> supposed to be the same) are having this problem.
>> Are they all running the same pg version?
> Also are all the machines set to the same time zone?

Сообщение: Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Сообщение: Re: log timestamp since daylight saving time