Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not open relation with OID xxxx

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not open relation with OID xxxx
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Gnanakumar" <gnanam@zoniac.com> wrote:

>> If that doesn't do it I might try adding zero to numbers and
>> concatenating empty strings to try to prevent late use of the
>> OID.  (Essentially as a form of optimization barrier.)
>
> I couldn't understand this approach clearly. Can you help explain
> me with some example?

For a string it would be changing something like this:

    schemaname,

to something like this:

    schemaname || '' AS schemaname,

for a number it might be changing:

    pg_total_relation_size(schemaname||'.'||tablename)

to:

    pg_total_relation_size(schemaname||'.'||tablename) + 0

Again, I would try without these first.  If the problem persists I
would sprinkle these throughout the query.  If the problem goes
away, I would probably selectively remove them until the problem
returned, so I would know where it matters.

-Kevin