Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not open relation with OID xxxx

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not open relation with OID xxxx
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Gnanakumar" <gnanam@zoniac.com> wrote:

> We're using PostgreSQL v8.2.3.

That version is over four years old, and there have been 17 minor
releases for 8.2 containing nothing except fixes for bugs and
security issues since then.  It's asking a lot to expect other
people to remember every single bug fixed over the last four years
and interpret how it might affect your problem.  Please read this
page:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

If you want to see whether any of the bugs fixed might be related to
your error messages, please read the release notes for 8.2.4 to
8.2.20 to see which might affect your situation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release.html

Note that there is no need for a conversion to upgrade to a new
minor release, although you might need to rebuild some indexes.
(See the release notes.)

Also, consider that the 8.2 release is so old that it is scheduled
to go out of support entirely late this year:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

You should probably begin planning very soon for an upgrade to
version 9.0 or 9.1 sometime this year.

> Temporary table is dropped using "DROP TABLE pg_temp_xx.FOO".
> Since DISCARD is available only from 8.3+, I couldn't use it here.
> So only choice left out for us here is to drop the temporary table
> explicitly. We're creating temporary table with the same as an
> existing permanent table which is available in "public" schema,
> that is FOO.

Why in the world would you want to do that?  Have you considered
naming the temporary table differently, like maybe with a _tt suffix
to denote "temporary table"?

-Kevin