Re: hiding metadata information from a user

От Dinesh Bhandary
Тема Re: hiding metadata information from a user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It is a follow up to my first question. I am still interested in knowing
if we can create a pure read only user in postgres, which has no access
to system catalogs.

The alternative I am thinking is using a separate instance and use
dblink or replication tool to refresh data. Do you know if we can hide
connection details from a user if we use dblink? I just want to make
sure this read only
user does not go and query our system catalogs in production server.
Dblink should be easier to implement than using replication tool.

Thanks.
Dinesh