Re: BUG #5915: OldSerXidAdd inflates pg_serial too much

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5915: OldSerXidAdd inflates pg_serial too much
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I was not entirely clear. It clears all pages from the
> start of the segment, up to the last currently active page, even
> if the active region from tailXid to headXid only spans a couple
> of pages somewhere in the middle of the segment. It seems
> pointless to clear the pages in the beginning of the segment in
> that case.

Oh, I see now.  Somehow I thought I needed to clear pages from the
start of the segment to the active portion.  If that's not needed,
it's easy enough to adjust the calculations there to start with the
first active page.  Do you want me to do that?

-Kevin