Re: Cannot create collation?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Cannot create collation?
Дата
Re: Cannot create collation?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 02.03.2011 14:58, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> When I try to create french collation, it seems to work, but fails soon:
>
> $ CREATE COLLATION french (LOCALE = 'fr_FR.UTF-8');
> CREATE COLLATION

Hmm, regardless of what's causing this, I wonder if we should check that
the locale works at CREATE COLLATION time, rather than fail when you try
to use it. Ie. add a call to pg_newlocale_from_collation() at the end of
DefineCollation(). Or would that just make it more difficult to restore
a database with invalid collations?

> $ select * from test3 order by x;
> ERROR:  could not create locale "fr_FR.UTF-8": Success

Looks like newlocale() call returned 0, but didn't set errno. I don't
think that's supposed to happen. Which platform is this? Which operating
system and version?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas