Re: Cannot create collation?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Cannot create collation?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 06:00:45PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 02.03.2011 14:58, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> >When I try to create french collation, it seems to work, but fails soon:
> >
> >$ CREATE COLLATION french (LOCALE = 'fr_FR.UTF-8');
> >CREATE COLLATION
>
> Hmm, regardless of what's causing this, I wonder if we should check
> that the locale works at CREATE COLLATION time, rather than fail
> when you try to use it. Ie. add a call to
> pg_newlocale_from_collation() at the end of DefineCollation(). Or
> would that just make it more difficult to restore a database with
> invalid collations?
>
> >$ select * from test3 order by x;
> >ERROR:  could not create locale "fr_FR.UTF-8": Success
>
> Looks like newlocale() call returned 0, but didn't set errno. I
> don't think that's supposed to happen. Which platform is this? Which
> operating system and version?

linux ubuntu 10.10.
I was missing language-pack-fr and language-support-fr.

interestingly, I'm getting weird results. with just language-pack-fr i
can order by column, but result is not the one i'd expect.

when I added language-support-fr - ordering works, and returns data as
expected.

weird.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/