Re: Export Tool and Edit grid

От Dale Seaburg
Тема Re: Export Tool and Edit grid
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 3/1/2011 12:32 PM, Vibhor Kumar wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 11:00 PM, Dale Seaburg wrote:
>
>> I have pgAdmin III 1.10.5 working with a 8.4.6 database.  Looking at the pgAdmin III documentation, I see "Export
Tool"and Edit Grid" mentioned, but I do not see either in my copy of pgAdmin III.  What do I have to do to make those
capabilitiesavailable?

> 1. launch PGAdmin and connect to the database
> 2. Once connected to the database server and database, launch the SQL Query window.
> 3. Now enter the SQL query into the top left box of the Query window, select Query from the top navigation bar, and
clickExecute from the drop down.
> 3. After executing the query the data will display in the bottom box of the Query window.
> 4. Now with the data displayed in the PGAdmin Query window you can export the data to a CSV file. Select File from
thetop navigation window and click on Execute from the drop down.

> Edit Data.
> 1. Right Click on table ->  view data option.
>
> Please note Edit Grid is only for tables which primary key or any constraint which can uniquely identify each row.
>
> Thanks&  Regards,
> Vibhor Kumar
> vibhor.aim@gmail.com
> Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com

Vibhor,

Thank you for the quick and accurate response.  I did not recognize the
View Data to be the "Edit Grid".  I have used the View Data on several
occasions.  OTOH, the Export was well hidden within the File menu of the
Query Tool.  Very good!  The documentation probably should point this
out.  The doc's was not crystal clear how to get to the Export option.

Again, thanks for the insight with regards to Exporting, and refresher
of the View Data (Edit grid).

Dale.

От: daveg
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag was incorrectly set happend during repeatable vacuum
От: Jason Clark
Сообщение: HA warm standby issue with trigger file.