Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 04/02/11 15:11, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 02/03/2011 11:15 PM, Matt Zinicola wrote:
>>
>> I re-compiled with '--enable-debug' and got the symbols.  The
>> pastebin is at
>> http://pastebin.com/xMhEHFdT
>
> That's really interesting. It's getting a NULL path pointer when - I
> think - it tries to determine the location of the executables.
>
> Presumably this is something bizarre in your environment - but I have
> no idea what it might be. Maybe someone else reading will have an idea.

(Coming in too late, but...)

I'd be interested to see what happens if you do:

$ export PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
$ initdb -D /data/postgres
$ pg_ctl -D /data/postgres start;
$ psql

I'm guessing that there are older libraries or binaries earlier in your
various env paths, and these are tripping up postgres.

Cheers

Mark