Re: Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)

От Barry Bell
Тема Re: Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Suggest your use a DSN-less connection if possible, Connection string below works for me:
"Driver={PostgreSQL
ANSI};Server=servername;Port=5432;Database=dbname;Uid=username;Pwd=password;BI=2;TextAsLongVarchar=1;UnknownSizes=2;"

This eliminates a lot of setup issues on a the end user (or end server) machine

Thanks
Barry Bell, IT Department
Office: 954-429-3771 x267 Fax: 954-281-1464 email Barry_Bell@harte-hanks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Della-Croce, Gregory
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:36 PM
To: Adrian Klaver
Cc: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)

Thanks all that got me to the right place to set up the connection!   Great advice.  I thought I had done it earlier
butnow it gives me the system DSN values I need to set up the connection for my stuff.

Greg Della-Croce

On 06/05/2012 12:41 PM, Della-Croce, Gregory wrote:
> Thanks for responding!  It is none of the lists: User, System, File DSN or Drivers.   In fact the System DSN is
blank. And My Data Sources is also blank in File DSN.   The only drivers that show are MS Access/dBASE, MS Access, MS
ACCESSText, MS EXCEL, and SQL Server.
> Yes I am signed in as Admin when I did the psqlodbc install and I have opened the ODBC Data Source as Admin also.
>
> These are good questions.  I wish they sparked an answer :)

In that case Rays answer is the one you should pursue. For more info see:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Where_is_the_PostgreSQL_ODBC_driver.3F_I.27m_running_32-bit_PostgreSQL_on_64-bit_Windows

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com