Installation of pgAgent

От Oza, Jigna
Тема Installation of pgAgent
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dear Sir,

I am having difficulty for Installation pgAgent, I have cron job scheduled but I would like to explore and use pgAgent features.
We have psotgres database on Linux Red Hat.
We are using pgadmin III for GUI interface to access database.
I have done following steps and research on internet for the pgAgent installation.
  1. I have executed pgAgent.sql script.
  2. Since Job scheduler is still not working so second step is register pgAgent service
  3. Which is keep failing I tried different ways.
"C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.8\pgAgent" INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p postgres hostaddr=10.0.12.108 dbname=postgres user=postgres

  1. Keep giving error message: The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.
  2. Then I download pgAgent for window pgAgent-3.0.0-win32.zip from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/pgagent/
  3. When I tried to install I get the error message

When I saw your support message on Tips I thought let me email you.

Please guide me what is missing here.

Thanks,
Jigna

Jigna Oza
Sr. Oracle Application DBA
DS Waters of America Inc. 5660 New Northside Drive Atlanta, GA. 30328
Desk:(770)937-7345 Cell:(678)637-8998 joza@water.com

Athena®, Created for the Cause

Вложения