Re: forgotten password

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: forgotten password
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 21/03/2012 14:27, Yamato Suemitsu wrote:
> Hello, I was learning how to use the Postgresql and using the Pgadmin,
> but I forgot the password. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall it
> but it doesn't work, I still need the password to reinstall.

What platform(s) are you on?

What is the 'it' that you reinstalled - PostgreSQL or pgAdmin?

Which password have you forgotten - the password for the system account
under which PostgreSQL runs, or the password to access the database server?

> I think I don't have the file pg_hba.conf anymore. How should I proceed?

It doesn't matter about pg_hba.conf - no passwords are stored there, it
just sets access rules about who can connect, from where and how.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie