Re: Problem with high OIDs because of changed atol behaviour

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Problem with high OIDs because of changed atol behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

(2011/01/15 0:00), Jan-Peter Seifert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we ran into a problem because a Windows 32 bit application is looking for rows within the tables of pg_catalog via
OID- using psqlODBC (32 bit).
> As OIDs are unsigned they can be of higher value than INT_MAX. However, OIDs greater than INT_MAX seem to be getting
clampedto INT_MAX:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2011-01/msg00003.php
>
> The problem still persists in psqlodbc 09.00.0200.
>
> We had a look at the sources of v08.04.0200 to get a clue:
>
> convert.c:
>
> /*
> *       Macros for unsigned long handling.
> */
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define         ATOI32U       atol
> #elif   defined(HAVE_STRTOUL)
> #define         ATOI32U(val)          strtoul(val, NULL, 10)
> #else /* HAVE_STRTOUL */
> #define         ATOI32U       atol
> #endif /* WIN32 */
>

> /*
> *       Macros for BIGINT handling.
> */
> #ifdef ODBCINT64
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define         ATOI64         _atoi64
> #define         ATOI64U       _atoi64
> #define         FORMATI64   "%I64d"
> #define         FORMATI64U "%I64u"
> #elif   (SIZEOF_LONG == 8)
> …
>
> It seems that as of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 values exceeding the positive integer limit let atol return LONG_MAX
andvalues exceeding the negative integer limit let atol return LONG_MIN.
> In case of these overflows errno is set to ERANGE. If the parameter that has been passed is NULL, the invalid
parameterhandler is being invoked - as described in parameter validation.
> If resuming of execution is allowed these functions set errno to EINVAL and return 0.
>
> In Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 (and earlier versions) there was no such error handling of these overflows.
>
> We suggest some changes within convert.c that might solve this problem:
>
> /*
> *       Macros for unsigned long handling.
> */
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define         ATOI32U(val)          strtoul(val, NULL, 10)
> #elif   defined(HAVE_STRTOUL)
> #define         ATOI32U(val)          strtoul(val, NULL, 10)
> #else /* HAVE_STRTOUL */
> #define         ATOI32U       atol
> #endif /* WIN32 */
>

> /*
> *       Macros for BIGINT handling.
> */
> #ifdef ODBCINT64
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define         ATOI64(val)  _strtoi64(val, NULL, 10)
> #define         ATOI64U(val) _strtoui64(val, NULL, 10)
> #define         FORMATI64   "%I64d"
> #define         FORMATI64U "%I64u"
> #elif   (SIZEOF_LONG == 8)
> …
>
> Could look into this, please?

Thanks for your investigation.
I would take of it.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: "Jan-Peter Seifert"
Сообщение: Problem with high OIDs because of changed atol behaviour
От: Kim Mortensen
Сообщение: problem connecting via ODBC when unicode (now in correct forum.).