Re: Postgresql 9.0.2 explain analyze very slow (10x), compared to actual query time

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.0.2 explain analyze very slow (10x), compared to actual query time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

> What i am asking is ways to understand what is going on, and what
> to expect when i will have to actually perform the production
> upgrade to 9.0.2

Sorry to have focused on the wrong issues from your latest post.
Here's what I suggest to try to get you the best information.

(1)  Abandon this thread, start a new one on the performance list
with a different subject line.

(2)  Present the results of running one particular query on the two
different PostgreSQL versions on the same machine, preferably with
identical data, and after running VACUUM ANALYZE on the databases.

(3)  Review this page and include the related information -- schema,
configuration, hardware, etc.:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

On that list, with the above information, you will probably get
exactly what you seem to want at this point in the discussion, which
has nothing to do with the subject line of this thread.  A lot of
people pick which messages to read based on the subject line, so
that's probably working against you at the moment.

-Kevin