Re: German translation bug

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: German translation bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

sorry for barging in.

In German you can both - software and hardware - call a server indeed:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server

As PostgreSQL servers don't have a name by themselves people familiar
with PostgreSQL know that they have to enter the host's address.

Both server and host are English terms. However, why use a term that is
as ambiguous as server in German in this case?

I don't think anybody would try to enter a PostgreSQL server's name in a
field labeled 'Host'.

So I'd favour Host as label for this field in the German 'translation'
as well.

Regards,

Peter