Re: database is growing... 1GB per day basis

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: database is growing... 1GB per day basis
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/11/2011 02:03 PM, Karayappalli, Raghunath (Raghu) wrote:

> 1.We observe that database is growing very fast – many sets of files
> with size more than 1 GB. Please see some sample snippets of the file
> lists:

What version of Pg are you using?

Got lots of connections in 'IDLE IN TRANSACTION' state as listed in
"SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;"  ?

Is autovacuum enabled? Have you done anything like tuned autovacuum to
hardly ever run?

What're the results of running 'VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE;' in the problem
database?

--
Craig Ringer