Re: pgbench to the MAXINT

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: pgbench to the MAXINT
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 07-01-2011 22:59, Greg Smith escreveu:
>> setrandom: invalid maximum number -2147467296
>>
> It is failing at atoi() circa pgbench.c:1036. But it just the first
> one. There are some variables and constants that need to be converted
> to int64 and some functions that must speak 64-bit such as getrand().
> Are you working on a patch?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg02868.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4C326F46.4050801@2ndquadrant.com

I thought we really needed to fix that before 9.0 shipped, but it turned
out the limit wasn't so bad after all on 64-bit systems; I dropped
worrying about it for a while.  It's starting to look like it's back on
the critical list for 9.1 again though.

If anyone here wanted to pick that up and help with review, I could
easily update to it to current git HEAD and re-post.  There's enough
people on this list who do tests on large machines that I was mainly
alerting to where the breaking point is at, the fix required has already
been worked on a bit.  Someone with more patience than I to play around
with multi-platform string conversion trivia is what I think is really
needed next, followed by some performance tests on 32-bit systems.