Re: pgbench to the MAXINT

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: pgbench to the MAXINT
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Em 07-01-2011 22:59, Greg Smith escreveu:
> setrandom: invalid maximum number -2147467296

It is failing at atoi() circa pgbench.c:1036. But it just the first one. There
are some variables and constants that need to be converted to int64 and some
functions that must speak 64-bit such as getrand(). Are you working on a patch?

> It doesn't throw any error during the initialization step, neither via
> client or database logs, even though it doesn't do anything whatsoever.
> It just turns into the quickest pgbench init ever. That's the exact
> threshold, because this works:

AFAICS that is because atoi() is so fragile.

> So where we're at now is that the maximum database pgbench can create is
> a scale of 21474.

That's because 21475 * 100,000 > INT_MAX. We must provide an alternative to
atoi() that deals with 64-bit integers.

--
   Euler Taveira de Oliveira
   http://www.timbira.com/

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: MySQL HandlerSocket - Is this possible in PG?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: pgbench to the MAXINT