Re: Disable Postgresql startup on boot (Windows XP)

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Disable Postgresql startup on boot (Windows XP)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/04/11 7:25 PM, Ken wrote:
> Hi.  Everytime I boot Windows XP a number of postgres.exe services
> start and run in the background.  As I am only an occasional user of
> postgresql on my laptop I was wondering how (a) I could disable the
> auto-start of the service on boot and (b) how to manually start/stop
> postgresql when needed?

A) go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Managment
-> Services, find the postgresql service, and set its start type to 'manual'

B)  either, go to the same place above, and right click->start (or
stop), or at a command line shell prompt run the commands

         NET START postgresql-8.4
or
         NET STOP postgresql-8.4