Re: Disable Postgresql startup on boot (Windows XP)

От Stephen Cook
Тема Re: Disable Postgresql startup on boot (Windows XP)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/4/2011 10:25 PM, Ken wrote:
> Hi.  Everytime I boot Windows XP a number of postgres.exe services
> start and run in the background.  As I am only an occasional user of
> postgresql on my laptop I was wondering how (a) I could disable the
> auto-start of the service on boot and (b) how to manually start/stop
> postgresql when needed?
> Thanks.
> Ken

In the Services MMC Console (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
Services I think, it's been a while) you can change the startup type to
"Manual" instead of "Automatic", then the service will only run when
told to.

After doing that, you can create batch files that use the NET START and
NET STOP commands (you'll have to find out the service name from the
above step to use them). Then run these batch files when you to start
and stop the PostgreSQL service (or just type the commands in the
command-line each time I suppose).

-- Stephen