Re: pgadmin user access control features

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pgadmin user access control features
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dan Sabin  wrote:

> In order to do this the client needs an interface to access the
> database. The two options are to give them a query tool we design
> so we can restrict their actions (to prevent the database from
> being screwed up). The other option would be to restrict their
> access in the pgadmin tool installed on the system itself and
> prevent them from deleting data. Is it possible to set up accounts
> within the tool and secure the admin access for ourselves so they
> can only run certain types of queries on their own account.

I'm not sure I fully understand, but take a look at these:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-createuser.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-revoke.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/client-authentication.html

If these don't provide the information you need, please post again
with a little more information about what you're trying to
accomplish.

-Kevin