Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal

От Imre Oolberg
Тема Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

On 01/03/11 22:24, Tom Lane wrote:
I wonder whether you're failing to copy the backup_label file as part of
the base backup.  The presence of that file is what tells the slave
postmaster where it has to start recovering from.
		regards, tom lane

Thank you so much for your attention, i really need to learn reading postgresql.org manuals, probably already a long time ago i learned from somewhere that i need to delete backup_label file before starting up wal-recoverying database and i did, as presented in my first mail

Restore went like this

1. mounted /mnt/backup/ under /var/lib/postgresql
2. removed backup_label
3. created recovery.conf with a line

restore_command = 'cp /data/backup/postgresql/archive-logs/%f %p'

4. emptied pg_xlog directory while having directory itself
5. started postgresql and it finishes accepting connections

Now everything works, in the process backup_label gets renamed backup_label.old, thanks again for your attention! Still lucky it was mistake in the recovery procedure having my backups made so far still usable :)

Imre