Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal

От Imre Oolberg
Тема Re: Re: pg v. 8.4.5 misses objects and data after restoring from backup using wal
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

On 01/03/11 18:36, pasman pasmański wrote:
> The problem exists when you do a base backup with pg_backup?
> Maybe rsync skip some data ?

Yes, problem exists using pg_start/stop_backup as i discribed.

I am sure that 'rsync -avH ...' and 'tar cvf ...' will skip at least
additions made to the filesystem tree after they are started. In this
case rsync says nothing and tar says

tar: directory-name: file changed as we read it

But
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/continuous-archiving.html
suggests to use tar on rsync and i guess that PostgreSQL recovery with
wal files takes care of these inconsistencies that are created during
copying filesystem, right?

Imre