Re: estimating # of distinct values

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: estimating # of distinct values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> So even with 10% of the table, there's a 10% probability to get an
> estimate that's 7x overestimated or underestimated. With lower
> probability the interval is much wider.
Hmmm...  Currently I generally feel I'm doing OK when the estimated
rows for a step are in the right order of magnitude -- a 7% error
would be a big improvement in most cases.  Let's not lose track of
the fact that these estimates are useful even when they are not
dead-on accurate.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Libpq PGRES_COPY_BOTH - version compatibility
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: "writable CTEs"