Re: "root" execution not permitted. and busybox

От Nicolas BALDECK
Тема Re: "root" execution not permitted. and busybox
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm working on an embedded system, and the bundled busybox doesn't
include useradd nor adduser. So I thought that it was faster to create
the user that way instead of setting a toolchain and recompiling busybox...

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> nbald <nicolas.baldeck@vizille.net> writes:
>>
>>> this is driving me crazy... Do someone have an idea ?
>>>
>>> # echo 'pgsql:pgsql:100:100:pgsql:/home/pgsql:/bin/sh' >> /etc/passwd
>>>
>> That might have been the only way to create a Unix user account back
>> around 1972, but it hardly seems like the recommended way now.  Doesn't
>> your distro provide a tool for that?
>>

> Every distro I've used in the last 5 or 10 years has either adduser or
> useradd and usermod for this kind of stuff.

Сообщение: Re: "root" execution not permitted. and busybox
Сообщение: Re: "root" execution not permitted. and busybox