Securing a remotely accessible PostgreSQL server

От Josh
Тема Securing a remotely accessible PostgreSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,
I am looking for suggestions on how best to secure a server that is
accessible via the internet. Even account creation for the database is
open to the world. Does anybody have any extra changes they would make
to postgresql.conf or OS changes they would suggest? Perhaps some
default permissions that would be best revoked?

The system setup is currently a Linux box running PostgreSQL 8.4
My pg_hba.conf already limits remote connections to one database and one
particular role.

I have been a bit hesitant to post this in the past as I believed many
would just give the answer of "Don't". Please just humor me and give
suggestions assuming it is the only way. Consider it a fun challenge.

Thanks for your help,
Josh