Re: pg_clog not getting cleared

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pg_clog not getting cleared
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Whitney <scott@journyx.com> wrote:

> Each Saturday, I run: vacuumdb -a -v. I have autovac on all the
> time.
>
> However, my pg_clog directory lists clog files going back to
> July.
>
> This is pg 8.4.4 on Linux (CentOS 5.5).
>
> I know this isn't a whole lot of information at this time. What
> more would be useful in finding out what's failing and where?

Nothing is failing -- clog is needed to track what has committed
until transactions are "frozen".

> I seem to recall that doing vacuumdb -f -a -v resolved it

Are you sure that wasn't -F rather than -f ?  The uppercase switch
freezes tuples, which would allow clog to be cleaned up.  This
shouldn't normally be needed, unless you have some other reason to
need aggressive freezing.

-Kevin