Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is bare metal.

Thanks,

Chris Hoover

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 24, 2023, at 21:19, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Chris Hoover <chrish@aweber.com> writes:
>> I have a new server that has 1TB ram (not a typo).  I have been fighting with this evening to start up with a
shared_buffersetting over 2GB.  When the memory allocation  breaks 2GB, the database won’t start.  I’ve dropped it down
to500M to get the database online.  We’ve tried both SysV memory and mmap memory.

> Are you running inside a VM, or cgroup, or something else that might
> be imposing a memory limit?
>
>            regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers
Сообщение: Re: New PG14 server won't start with >2GB shared_buffers