Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow

От: Mario Splivalo
Тема: Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
 Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
   Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
     Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
      Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
 Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
   Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
     Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
      Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
       Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mladen Gogala, )
  Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
   Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
     Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Pierre C", )
 Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
   Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mladen Gogala, )
    Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mario Splivalo, )
     Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mladen Gogala, )
      Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Kenneth Marshall, )
       Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  (Mladen Gogala, )
      Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow  ("Kevin Grittner", )

On 12/01/2010 10:43 PM, Pierre C wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 18:24:35 +0100, Kevin Grittner
> <> wrote:
>
>> Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
>>
>>> There is a operating system which comes with a very decent extent
>>> based file system and a defragmentation tool, included in the OS.
>>> The file system is called "NTFS"
>> Been there, done that. Not only was performance quite poor compared
>> to Linux, but reliability and staff time to manage things suffered
>> in comparison to Linux.
>
> Please don't start with NTFS. It is the worst excuse for a filesystem
> I've ever seen.

It is OT, but, could you please shead just some light on that? Part of
my next project is to test performance of pg9 on both windows and linux
systems so I'd appreciate any data/info you both may have.

    Mario

Сообщение: Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Сообщение: Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow