Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase
Дата
Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase  (ghatpande@vsnl.net)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/01/2010 09:41 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> ghatpande@vsnl.net writes:
>> Create domain is only useful for abstracting common constraints on fields into single location for maintenance. It
maynot be useful to link tables.

> It's still unclear what this does that you don't get from inheritance,
> typed tables, use of a table's rowtype as a field type, or CREATE TABLE
> LIKE.  This isn't exactly virgin territory.

Yeah. Actually, the whole thing reminded me somewhat of the pre-RDBMS
data stores I worked with 25 years or so ago. "Those who cannot remember
history are doomed to repeat it."

cheers

andrew