Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase
Дата
Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrateddatabase  (ghatpande@vsnl.net)
Список pgsql-hackers
ghatpande@vsnl.net writes:
> Create domain is only useful for abstracting common constraints on fields into single location for maintenance. It
maynot be useful to link tables.

It's still unclear what this does that you don't get from inheritance,
typed tables, use of a table's rowtype as a field type, or CREATE TABLE
LIKE.  This isn't exactly virgin territory.