Re: pg_dump and XID limit

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pg_dump and XID limit
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@greenmice.info> wrote:

> I think it would be advisable not to use pg_dump on such load.

Agreed.

> Use fs- or storage-level snapshots instead.

Or PITR backup techniques.  Or hot/warm standby.  Or streaming
replication.  Or one of the many good trigger-based replication
products.  Just about any of the alternatives would be better than
pg_dump in the described scenario.  If you leave any transaction
open for hours during a heavy OLTP transaction load you're probably
going to get unpleasant bloat in your database.

-Kevin