Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.11.2010 19:46, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> I disagree with that opinion: if we crash between 2 and 3 then why will
> somebody update parent before WAL replay? WAL replay process in this
> case should complete child split by inserting "invalid" pointer and tree
> become correct again, although it needs to repair "invalid" pointers.
> The same situation with b-tree: WAL replay repairs incomplete split
> before any other processing.
>
> Or do I miss something important?

Yeah, see the thread that started this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-11/msg00052.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/12375.1289429390@sss.pgh.pa.us

The code currently relies on the end-of-recovery processing to finish
the incomplete, but I'm trying to get rid of that end-of-recovery
processing altogether.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Indent authentication overloading