Re: unlogged tables

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Re: unlogged tables  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: unlogged tables  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, so we're proposing a hierarchy like this.
>
> 1. PERMANENT (already exists).
> 2. UNLOGGED (what this patch currently implements).
> 3. UNSYNCED (future work).
> 4. GLOBAL TEMPORARY (future work).
> 5. LOCAL TEMPORARY (our current temp tables).
All of the above would have real uses in our shop.
> It's possible to imagine a few more stops on this hierarchy.
Some of these might be slightly preferred over the above in certain
circumstances, but that's getting down to fine tuning.  I think the
five listed above are more important than the "speculative ones
mentioned.
> I don't particularly care for the name UNSYNCED
EVANESCENT?
> I'm starting not to like UNLOGGED much either
EPHEMERAL?
Actually, the UNSYNCED and UNLOGGED seem fairly clear....
-Kevin