Re: Suggested changes to Book pages

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Suggested changes to Book pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Le 11/11/2010 19:05, Robert Haas a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> On ons, 2010-11-10 at 14:42 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> I think marking version numbers for each book is a good idea, though I
>>> would be inclined to get more specific than 7/8/9.
>>
>> How do you know which exact version a particular book covers?  Isn't
>> mentioned the date of publication a more neutral and robust approach?
>
> I can't imagine that figuring out the versions the book covers is all
> that hard, and it seems a lot more useful than just the publication
> date, although of course we could have both.

Sure, it seems much more useful. If we don't know for some books, we can
still put "?" for them. I guess it will be for old books, and who wants
to buy a book on PostgreSQL written in 2005? except nerds like me :)

And about Simon's initial mail on this thread, definitive +1 from me for
his four suggested changes.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Suggested changes to Book pages
Сообщение: Re: Suggested changes to Book pages