Re: improved parallel make support

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: improved parallel make support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/11/2010 06:58 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  wrote:
>> Yeah, it's complaining about not finding bison, but configure managed to
>> find bison just fine. Are you sure the right make was installed? It looks
>> suspicious because it's not talking about msys virtual maths like the old
>> make did. It needs to be make-3.81-3-msys-1.0.13
>> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/make/make-3.81-3/make-3.81-3-msys-1.0.13-bin.tar.lzma/download>
>> You'll need another couple of libraries as well (libiconv and libintl) if
>> they are not already installed. Making this change took me a while to get
>> right on dawn_bat.
> I installed the latest make from gnu.org (which I've now uninstalled).
> The Msys installation on this box is old, and doesn't support the lzma
> packages used by the latest releases - and from what I can tell, it
> would take a major upgrade of the installation to get that support.
> I'm not sure thats a path I want to go down, as I have no idea how
> much will break if I do that, and I don't exactly have much in the way
> of spare time to fix it if that happens.
>
> I'm currently leaning towards removing the 9.1 build from the machine;
> on a purely selfish note, I have no interest in mingw/msys builds
> anymore anyway. However, I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows a
> relatively safe way to resolve this.

No, all you need to unpack those is the basic-bsdtar package. But to
save you the pain of all this, I have copied the three objects I
installed to get this working on my likewise pretty old Msys to where
you can get them. Just grab
<http://developer.postgresql.org/~adunstan/msys-make.tgz>

As a matter of policy, I do not want to drop support for a FOSS build
tool chain on Windows if at all avoidable.

cheers

andrew