Re: issue with 9.0 1 slave becomes master with new timeline

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: issue with 9.0 1 slave becomes master with new timeline
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dragos Valentin Moinescu <dragos.moinescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I easile migrate the 2 slaves on the new master without
> creating a new base backup (which unfortunately takes too long as
> the databases contain arround 200GB)?

Have you tested rsync using a daemon from the new master (after
pg_start_backup) to the copy the slave already has?  It should send
the delta pretty quickly -- perhaps quickly enough to meet your
needs.  It's worth testing, anyway.

I believe this is an area people are trying to improve for 9.1.

-Kevin