Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal
Дата
Re: Protecting against unexpected zero-pages: proposal  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/9/10 1:50 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> 5. It would be pretty much impossible to run with autovacuum turned
> off, and in fact you would likely need to make it a good deal more
> aggressive in the specific case of aborted transactions, to mitigate
> problems #1, #3, and #4.

6. This would require us to be more aggressive about VACUUMing old-cold
relations/page, e.g. VACUUM FREEZE.  This it would make one of our worst
issues for data warehousing even worse.

What about having this map (and other hintbits) be per-relation?  Hmmm.That wouldn't work for DDL, I suppose ...

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com