Re: Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On lör, 2010-11-06 at 14:45 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Here's the list of tests from a recent run, leaving out stopping and
>> starting the installed postmaster, and locale specifiers:
>>
>>      SCM-checkout
>>      configure
>>      make
>>      check
>>      make-contrib
>>      make-install
>>      install-contrib
>>      initdb
>>      install-check
>>      pl-install-check
>>      contrib-install-check
>>      ecpg-check
>>
>> Currently, the implied dependency list is in this order. We could have
>> "make-contrib" depend only on "make" rather than "check",
>> "pl-install-check"  and "contrib-install-check" depend on "initdb",
>> and "ecpg-check" depend on "make" rather than anything that comes
>> after. I think that's about the limit of what we could sensibly relax
> In principle you could get this down to
>
> SCM-checkout
> configure
> make -k world
> make -k check-world   # target doesn't exist yet
> make -k install-world
> initdb
> make -k installcheck-world
>
> That way you don't have to update the buildfarm code every time a new
> test suite is added.

No, we can't do that for several reasons. Here are a couple.

First, the buildfarm doesn't build the docs. That's a deliberate
decision, based on the fact that not every member has the required
software installed. And second these targets only exist for 9.0 and/or
later.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable
Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable