Re: Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On lör, 2010-11-06 at 14:45 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Here's the list of tests from a recent run, leaving out stopping and
> starting the installed postmaster, and locale specifiers:
>
>     SCM-checkout
>     configure
>     make
>     check
>     make-contrib
>     make-install
>     install-contrib
>     initdb
>     install-check
>     pl-install-check
>     contrib-install-check
>     ecpg-check
>
> Currently, the implied dependency list is in this order. We could have
> "make-contrib" depend only on "make" rather than "check",
> "pl-install-check"  and "contrib-install-check" depend on "initdb",
> and "ecpg-check" depend on "make" rather than anything that comes
> after. I think that's about the limit of what we could sensibly relax

In principle you could get this down to

SCM-checkout
configure
make -k world
make -k check-world   # target doesn't exist yet
make -k install-world
initdb
make -k installcheck-world

That way you don't have to update the buildfarm code every time a new
test suite is added.