Fwd: ***SPAM*** Re: BUG #5739: postgresql will not start

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Fwd: ***SPAM*** Re: BUG #5739: postgresql will not start
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
[Forwarding to the list.  Please keep the list copied; for one
thing, there is likely to be someone there who has heard of Arch
Linux or pacman, which I have not.  This is more of a question
regarding how the packagers for that distro intend for upgrades to
occur, not a bug in PostgreSQL itself.]

Dedanna <dedanna@bjoernvold.com> wrote:

I ran in Arch Linux, from the repos, pacman -Syu, and postgresql
updated. That's all I know. I've successfully downgraded since, to:

  pacman -Q postgresql
postgresql 8.4.4-6

The update initially was from regular updates.

It was an update I didn't expect, btw - so just ran it and let it
roll like any other.

Loaded up Amarok1 in Arch, where I use it for my musicdb, and found
that postgresql wasn't running that way. I tried to start it
manually, tried rebooting, etc. - nothing worked.

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> "Kim Garren"<dedanna@bjoernvold.com>  wrote:
>

>> Received update to postgresql 9.0.1-2 yesterday
>>

> How?  From where?  What were you running before?
>

>> Once booted, I try to start it manually, with the following
>> result:
>>
>> # /etc/rc.d/postgresql start
>> :: Starting PostgreSQL
>> [BUSY] server starting
>>
>> [DONE]
>>

> What is showing for `ps aux | grep postgres` ?  What is in the
> logs?
>

>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=107656
>>

>> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21560
>>

> Both of these make it sound like you were upgrading from
> PostgreSQL
> 8.4.  This requires a database conversion.  What technique did you
> use for that?  (The more specific you can be about the exact
> steps, the more likely it is that someone will be able to help
you.)

>> I have lost my music db because of this.
>>

> Not unless you deleted your data directory.  If you don't back it
> up regularly, it would certainly be wise to do so before a major
> release upgrade.  Making a recursive copy of the database data
> directory would be a very good idea right now.
>
> -Kevin

Сообщение: Re: index on function confuses drop table cascade on child
Сообщение: Re: index on function confuses drop table cascade on child