Re: index on function confuses drop table cascade on child

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: index on function confuses drop table cascade on child
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> 3. Or, perhaps we could change recordDependencyOnSingleRelExpr so
> that it generates a whole-table dependency on the target relation
> even if there are no Vars in the expression.  This would make it
> act much more like the regular-query context that
> find_expr_references_walker is expecting --- in essence, since
> we're fabricating a single-element rtable for
> find_expr_references_walker to work with, we should fabricate the
> implied whole-table dependency entry too.  But that seems a bit
> weird too, and in particular it's not obvious whether to do that
> if in fact the expression is empty, or doesn't contain any Var at
> all.

This one seems sensible *if* you assume that by the time it is
called there is a known dependency on the particular relation -- for
example, you are dealing with an index on that relation.  Is that a
reasonable restriction on the use of the
recordDependencyOnSingleRelExpr function?  If this was done, would
it allow simplification of the index_create code you showed in #1?

-Kevin